- More protection through robust construction : The body of a Godrej Fire Resisting Filing Cabinet is designed for greater strength & rigidity. It is fabricated using modern precision tooling and sheet metal working equipment. Only prime quality galvanized steel is used. The thickness of the steel addresses both the structural strength requirements as well as the need to minimize absorption thereby conduction of heat. The cabinet has separate inner and outer shells reinforced in vital places to form a rigid integral body. So, if a floor collapses due to fire, the cabinet can withstand the fall and the avalanche of debris on it.
- Formidable resistance to heat : Godrej Fire Resisting Filing cabinets have unique features which offer unequalled resistance to heat from fires or hot gases.
- Tongue & Groove Construction : A special Tongue-and-groove construction employed to prevent the passage of flames and hot gases to the interior of the drawer.
- All round protection for each drawer : Each drawer of the Fire Resisting Cabinet has an independent five-sided enclosure heavily insulated with the unique Godrej fire resisting compound.
Independently tested for performance :
The Godrej Fire Resisting Filing Cabinets, have the unique distinction of having been successfully tested at the prestigious Underwriters Laboratories Ltd. ( UL) of Chicago, USA for 1 hr & 2hr ratings for Fire Endurance, Fire and Impact as well as Explosion Hazard as per UL : 72 Class 350. The 2-hour fire-impact test at Underwriters Laboratories USA involved heating the cabinet, in a specially designed furnace to almost 1850 F, dropping it from a height of 9 meters (30 feet) and subsequently heating it again in an inverted position to almost 1850 F. Even after the entire duration of the test, the paper records inside the drawers were found to be usable, demonstrating its superior fire and impact resisting capabilities.
- Effortless movement of drawers : The drawers of the Godrej Fire Resisting Filing Cabinet move on specially designed double extension telescopic slides for effortless movements.
- Locking mechanism :
- Emergency latch: Each drawer of the Godrej Fire Resisting Filing cabinet is provided with a self-closing latch which enables users to shut the drawers almost instantaneously during emergencies.
- A sturdy automatic locking mechanism that is centrally controlled by one Godrej high-precision 6-lever dual control lock, which serves all the drawers. This lock is fitted on the topmost drawer allowing individual drawers to be kept open for use while the rest are locked.
- A UL Listed 3-wheel numerical combination lock / Electronic Combination lock on the top drawer can be provided (Optional) in lieu of/in addition to the high-precision 6-lever dual control lock, if specified at the time of placing of order. This lock offers a choice of nearly 10,00,000 combinations for setting and resetting.
- Individual locks on all drawers can also be provided (optional) at an extra cost.
- Drawer Isolation Catch A simple, foolproof isolation catch provided on the right hand side of each drawer permits its independent use and locking.
- Color Options Ash Grey , RAL 9001, RAL 7035.
Last Updated on